T-Levels and the F.E. Sector - Short Post


After an interesting lecture with visitors from OFQUAL at Birmingham City University, I’ve become deeply intrigued by the changes being made by government to the Level 2+ vocational/national qualifications structure across the UK. The purposed “T-Levels” are set to be rolled out by 2020/2021, where the three main routes of study (study, study + practice, practice only) will be targeted with an employability slant to ensure all courses relate to future employment in one form or another.


Although I am in need of additional time to research this subject more thoroughly, I am interested in visiting a public consultancy where this is discussed further in detail (although I was made aware that I had already missed one from the visiting staff.) This will not deter me though, as I want to be at the forefront of any changes to the field in which I am working in.


Additionally, I have approved my membership to the National Education Union and additionally provide support for fellow female teachers via NASUWT, so I am also kept up to date with any legal changes that might happen in the future either related to the above or otherwise in teaching.

Comments

Popular Posts